23 July 2008

23rd July: In which Kat rants

Okay, so I've been at my mom's house for 12 and a half days now. And while this happily means that there's only 2 days and less than one hour until I get to go home, it also means that I have gotten increasingly aggravated and annoyed with my mom and being here and everything that goes along with it. So excuse me while I rant for a while, and I promise a slightly more entertaining and happy journal entry will follow.

Well, so, my grandpa was here the 17th to the 22nd. And...I don't know. I wrote to Mary Rose that as much as I love him, I'm not incredibly close to him. I see him once a year for about three days, if that. We rarely talk because he has hearing aids and it's tough for him to hear me over the phone. And, since I'm a pretty quiet person in general when I'm not around my friends, we don't even talk much when I see him. I mean, he's my grandfather, but since he lives so far away and I barely see him, I don't have this close relationship with him like a lot of my friends do with theirs. (It's the same way with my grandparents on my dad's side...this isn't just my mom) I'm a heck of a lot closer to my "grandparents-in-law" that live just outside of Denver because I see them more and have an opportunity to talk to them. But it was stupid, because while he was here the only things I did "with" him were my mom's birthday dinner and going to see The Dark Knight. My mom had planned trips to Denver and all that, but...apparently not, I guess. *sigh*

Okay...so, something that just really started to bug me, though I've been annoyed by it for quite a while now. My mom never saves leftovers!!!!!!!! I know some of y'all might hate leftovers so don't think that's an issue, but it bugs me to no end. A few nights ago we had pasta and there was about 1/4 of the pot left, but rather than saving it they just filled the pot with water and let it soak!!!!!!!! I mean, that could've been my lunch yesterday! Not only does this waste food, and there's a lot of hunger in the world, so that's one reason I believe in leftovers, but it wastes a lot of money because my mom then has to buy a lot more lunch food for us because we don't have leftovers to eat like I do at home. There's basically no lunch food here....I had 1/2 a bowl of cereal for lunch yesterday and about 1/4 of a bowl today. Jeez.

There's also the fact that we never DO anything here. I mean, the most we'll do is go shopping together. And if it's not for books, then I generally hate shopping for more than 30 minutes, less if I'm in a bad mood, maybe more if I need clothes. At home we watch movies and TV shows and go hiking and go see plays together. We sit down and talk during dinner, which I actually like, though I know my sister doesn't.

Basically, I'm incredibly sick of being stuck here. Which is why it's good that I go home in about two days. =] I might not be much less bored during the day, but I'll be happier and more comfortable, because there's a certain comfort and warmth that comes with home.

Mkay...sorry for the ranting! Really, I am! I thank you if you just read all of that, too! Sending y'all the happiest thoughts I can conjure up right now! Cheers!

No comments: