18 April 2009

Confessions of a Nerd Girl Part III

Because I know y'all look forward to these so much! Actually, I have a feeling that there isn't too much that my skype ning friends don't know by this point, but I don't care. I'm just going to say it anyway.

1. I'm a neat freak.
Seriously. For example, my bed is currently a little messed up and it's bugging the heck out of me. Only, I'm a little lazy at the moment and also my cat is sleeping on it and I like when she's all cute and happy =] The sad thing is that I usually don't have enough time during the week to keep my room totally clean. I mean, it's not dirty--no trash or food or dirty clothes on the floor. But there are school books and homework papers lying around randomly on my desk and floor and by my backpack....And I almost never find time to properly make my bed until the weekend. Plus, I have no room on my bookshelves anymore, so books are just stacked in seemingly random places...but they're NEAT stacks!

I suppose someone wouldn't necessarily walk into my room and think, "Neat freak!" Because some things appear to be in very random places. But they aren't random to me!!! Everything has its place, and needs to stay in that place lest I freak out. I am very OCD about the organization of my school binders and notebooks and the such especially. I have to hole punch things and put them in the right section of my binder and so on and so forth. I'm not the kind of person who randomly stuffs everything into their backpack. I'd panic. ;)

Whenever I go to camp, I never have a problem keeping my stuff neat and ordered and not strewn about the cabin. Actually, one year my friend and I* started cleaning up everyone ELSE'S stuff and sweeping the cabin...and the other girls got rather annoyed with us. Also, since I work in the barn, I also always have to straighten the riding boots and helmets after every lesson because I can't stand them being unmatched or tipping over or in the wrong spot or something. I just appreciate it when things are neat and ordered and tidy, okay?

My room usually looks like THIS:

NEATNESS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

2. I love Lord of the Rings.
Okay, so, you may remember that Jordan did a challenge where he watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies in one day. Now, my family does this every year. Every winter break, we choose one weekend day and watch all three EXTENDED editons of the movies. We take breaks for lunch and dinner, but it is mostly a very butt-numbing experience. I love it though, because it's basically the only tradition that my family has. When I was younger, I was particularly into the movies. I thought they were the awesomest** movies ever, and I had a huge crush on Legolas.*** Now, I still appreciate the fact that they are BEAUTIFUL movies. Peter Jackson was a great director, and they are just so well done! If only the Harry Potter movies could live up to the Lord of the Rings movies....

The books are also absolutely**** wonderful. (Although I'm not a huge fan of the hobbit) Parts of it***** are seriously tedious and brain-numbing. But mostly, Tolkien uses wonderful scenery and imagery and characterization. It's a great adventure story, that is breathtakingly well-written. I love so many quotes from it, too!

"Many that live deserve death; and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too quick to deal out death in judgement. Even the wisest cannot see all ends." ~Gandalf

"The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo: adventures, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of a sport, as you might say. But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually — their paths were laid that way, as you put it. I never thought of that before! We've got — you've got some of the light of it in that star-glass that the Lady gave you! Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" ~Sam


3. I LOVE DINOSAURS.
Okay, you're probably thinking, "You're kidding, right? All your other confessions have been so serious!" And yes, that's true. But, no, I'm not kidding. I LOVE DINOSAURS. They are awesome. The most awesome things ever to be on this planet.

I used to call my daycare (when I was 3) Dinosaur School because I didn't know the real name.****** And my sister and I always played with those plastic toy dinosaurs when we were little. Nerdy, but AWESOME nerdy!!!!! =]

DINOSAURS FTW!

Yay!!!! Okay, so hopefully I will think of something to blog about tomorrow! Until then!
Cheers! DFTBA!

*All our stuff was already super neat. Cause that's how we are.
**I know it's not a word. DEAL.
***Judge me if you want. But those eyes! That bow! The slaughter of that oliphaunt! =] *in love*
****I can't even remember why I have this one anymore...Oh well.
*****TOM BOMBADIL!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!!
******I still don't know the real name to this day. As far as I know, it WAS called dinosaur school.

No comments: