26 May 2008

My weekend

This is just a quick update on my Memorial day weekend, and my list of all the nerdy things I've done in my life will follow.

So, Friday night was Kelsey's end of the year party, which Michelle, Emily, and I were sort of co-hosts if you grasp what I mean. It was a lot of fun. I always cherish parties, because it reminds me that I really do have friends who think enough of me to invite me and who actually want to spend time with me outside of school. So, we played volleyball and soccer, as well as charades. And Wii bowling, which was actually really fun. And I'm much better at it than I am at regular bowling! *wink* I watched parts of the Spurs game, but gave up when they were down by 24 in the 3rd quarter. *sigh* And, I went to bed really early because finals are killing me.

Saturday wasn't exciting at all. In the morning I went grocery shopping with my dad. I spent most of the afternoon on my bed with a book using boxes and boxes of tissues because the Aspen seed pods were making my allergies positively dreadful. They let up enough that we were able to eat enchiladas outside and I watched No Reservations with Leslie, but by night I had to take Benadryl to be able to sleep.

Yesterday we went rafting!!!! Squee! Seriously, it was so much fun. I doubt most of you have ever been, but if you ever go to a good rafting river and have the opportunity, you should! Heck, if y'all come visit me, I'll try to make it possible that we can go rafting. The water was really cold, but the sheer joy that you get out of rushing through rapids made it so worth it. We walked around Idaho Springs afterward and got gelato, which was really good. Then, we drove back to Denver and had the most amazing vegetarian dinner at WaterCourse foods. =] I think I ate a bit too much, but it was so good! We got home in time to watch the second half of the Spurs game--they won by 19 this time! Squee!!!!!!!!! They might just have a chance if they keep up their momentum--especially Ginobli.

Today...Well, I spent this morning reading and baking cookies for my teachers--and the cake for Leslie's birthday. I then proceeded to eat the leftovers from dinner last night and waste a bunch of time writing out my nerd list. And about 30 minutes ago my dad and I got back from seeing Prince Caspian, which was surprisingly good! They kept pretty close to the book, though of course they had to add action to make it appealing to people who haven't read the books. And they never attacked Miraz's castle in the book, but it didn't bother me too much that they added that in, because it worked out all right. Overall, it left me smiling and happy by the end, which is always a good sign. Anyway, soon I hope we're going to eat!

Oh, and my thoughts go out to Kristina, Lauren, Kailey, Haley, and Liane of the fiveawesomegirls! I hope you get your channel and your videos back, because y'all rock! To everyone else, I hope your weekend was amazing. Now...maybe I should go actually study for finals! ;)

No comments: