15 June 2008

Leaving

In about two hours to drive up to camp!!! It's kind of scary that it's so soon. And as excited as I am, I really wish I got more time at HOME this summer. At least the weekend off is still inside these three weeks =] I am incredibly excited to see Nichole, though. And just to get back to Sky High Ranch, because a big portion of my heart is there since I've gone every summer since 3rd grade except for last summer. The sad part is that I think all my counselors I've really liked aren't working there anymore. *sigh* So...I'm all packed and zipped up (which took a while), and despite my lengthy packing list and shopping lists, I feel like I'm forgetting something. I don't honestly believe I am, but it feels like it!!! At least this summer I'll actually be getting mail and care packages from home, and if I do forget something, I can always ask for Dad and Leslie to send it.

Mmm...so. This morning I woke up around 7:15 mainly just because...the sun woke me up and I wasn't too tired. Around 8:00 Dad and I went swimming for the first time at Gold's new swimming pool. It felt so good to swim and get that exercise early in the morning. I honestly feel already like I have more energy than usual. The pool is really nice--saline water, not chlorine, so it feels a lot, lot better. Anyway, then Leslie and I cooked him a nice Father's Day breakfast consisting of blueberry pancakes, eggs, and sausages (for them). And...now I'm just trying to reassure myself that I haven't forgotten anything I want to bring to camp. I don't really know what to do these next two hours. I'll eat a small lunch at some point, but I think I'm mainly just going to really try and enjoy these two hours at home with Dad and Leslie, cause I won't see them for 13 days!!!!!

At this point, it's too late for y'all to give me your address if you want updates. But, I am keeping a handwritten journal at camp and I'll post them on here either that weekend off or when it's all over on July 11th. I hope everyone has an amazing next two weeks, and I'll try to post when I get home! Happy thoughts everyone! Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Yeah, I'm going into camp in about 2 weeks or so. Lol. And it should be fun! I hope you have a great time at camp!

Hit me back!

Aren xo [=