28 April 2008

What I've been doing

I don't want to retype this, so I'm copying it from my Reading Group post. I'll make another post in a little while that's more exciting:

  • So, the main reason I've been busy is that I've been doing driver's ed. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for THRE AND A HALF HOURS!!!!!! I only have three classes left, but it's so boring. My instructor goes off topic all the time and talks like we've never even seen a car. Plus, we get large amounts of stupid reading homework and have to take quizzes and a midterm and a final and.....Well, I think that's enough for you to be able to figure out why I haven't been on lately.
  • In addition to that, I have a big English project that we've been working on pretty much since we got back from Spring Break at the beginning of April. It's called Shakespeare festival and we have to perform an eight minute scene from a Shakespeare play with all the costumes, props, and scenery in front of a majority of the school. Along with that, we have to do this "prompt book" that has our script, the costumes, story of the play, scenery, and character analyses. In addition to THAT, we are reading Romeo and Juliet and doing in-depth worksheets, quizzes, journals, and a study guide with it. I love Shakespeare and I love English (my best subject), but this is just a tad bit overwhelming. All right. More than a tad. MUCH more than a tad.
  • I've also had other homework, including a Math project (damn it, we aren't supposed to get projects in math!), a Health project, two science projects, and a lot of other general homework that basically takes up my time.


Well, so those are the reasons I've been busy, but I also wanted to fill you in on some of the things I have been doing when I have rare bits of free time.
  • My stepmom and I are going to be doing a half-marathon this September, so I've been spending a good portion of my time running. My favorite was two weekends ago when we went running at Garden of the Gods. It was beautiful and the exercise felt absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, with driver's ed, I've only been getting to go on weekends. *sigh*
  • I've actually been editing my Terminus paper like crazy, and I think I'm close to being done. But if any of y'all would like to read it and give me advice, please tell me!
  • Well, I started Questauthor's books a week and a half ago and I just finished Charm Quest an hour ago. O my goodness Lisa! I bow down to your writing a hundred percent. It's amazing--many grammar errors (sorry) but I barely notice them because I'm so engrossed in the book. You have a great mind dear, and I anxiously await the 5th book!
  • I got a haircut yesterday. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's kind of like Ginny's hair was in Order of the Phoenix. I'll try to post a picture when I can!

No comments: