26 September 2008

100th post!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *releases the balloons and streamers and confetti* *brings out the cake* Okay, so obviously neither of those things actually happened (though cake sounds good, doesn't it? Or maybe pie...Peanut butter pie! Yum!) But it's pretty exciting. And it took long enough, really. I don't have any real special way to celebrate my 100th post...Since it's not videos, I can't really compose an entry that has bits and pieces of all my other entries. Though, if you think about it, all my other entries had letters, and so does this one. So I'll just try to use every single letter in this entry. =] On to other things...

First, this video is absolutely hilarious! Hank, I love you!!!

Second, I'm going to finally cover last weekend. Well, on Friday, two of Dad and Leslie's political friends came over for dinner, and it was actually really fun =] Great conversation, and really good food. Saturday I got up at 5:30 and we left around 6:00 for Mt. Bross/Lincoln. I was pretty tired, but I didn't sleep because I've actually found that I have more energy for hiking if I don't sleep on the car ride...I don't know why, but I do. It was REALLY cold and there was snow pretty much everywhere. At the beginning I was especially cold, but it was made better by my dad giving me extra socks to put on and the fact that the trail crossed over into the sunlight for the ascent up Bross. It's definitely a lot tougher hiking in the snow, but we made pretty good time up Bross (and were the first people on the summit from that trail that day), where we sat down only briefly before deciding that the weather looked good enough to continue over to Lincoln (we didn't stay long on Bross' WIDE summit because it was pretty windy and we wanted to get moving). It didn't take very long at all to get over to Lincoln, which had a short semi-steep climb up to the summit. We stayed longer there, and there were actually OTHER people on the summit!!!! One of them was nice enough to take a picture of us (we took a picture of him, too =]). But, it started snowing/hailing just as we left the summit. And going back down Lincoln was really, really slippery....actually, going down the mountain was really slippery pretty much until we reached the edge of Democrat to head down the trail--a lot of snow that a lot of people had walked on. I believe we were quite a bit slower going down than going up because....well, for me it was because I didn't want to fall and break anything. Once we got more into the big rocks and then the flat trail, we were a lot faster, though. =] Despite the cold and the ice and the snow, I had a LOT of fun.

Dad and I stopped in Fairplay for a late lunch (enchiladas!!!) and then headed home....I don't really remember what I did until dinner....I was really tired. We had risotto, finally!!!!! And then we watched the double episode of the X-Files, which explained pretty much the ENTIRE show. But I was falling asleep during a lot of the show, and went to bed pretty early.

I slept in far too late on Sunday, but somehow was still in a tired daze as we walked through the BX/Commissary--I did finally remember to buy soap though (that probably doesn't sound exciting, but it is). After we got back and I ate some lunch (because I had a granola bar for "breakfast), I did homework for the REST of the day. SERIOUSLY. I had to do several different things for French, revise my Chemistry lab report, finish a bunch of Pre-Calculus homework (which my dad and I spent about two hours on, maybe), and write a paragraph for English (which I ended up doing Monday during lunch). We had good cabbage soup for dinner (yeah, it doesn't sound good, but it IS), but that was the only interruption in my afternoon of homework. Needless to say, I was stressed and super-tired. *sigh*

Monday and Tuesday were taken up by school and more homework....On Wednesday I had my Emily Dickinson poetry presentation, which didn't go so well but we managed to get an 84 on anyway and didn't really affect my grade. Surprisingly, I didn't have pretty much ANY homework that night! It was actually really unnerving.....Yesterday we played dodgeball for about 45 minutes in weights and fitness, which was really fun even though I'm really bad at throwing the ball. We did a bunch of stuff with equations in Chemistry, which I'm beginning to really, truly understand. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt my head, though! I didn't have much homework last night, either--just a stupid French grammar sheet and studying.

This morning I woke up at 5:30 to go to a review session for pre-calculus, which turned out to not be as great as I expected it to be. But I guess it did help me to review the stuff right before the test, because I remembered a lot of stuff for the test. And, we had a really fun English class (once the vocab quiz was over) and discussed a lot of interesting topics =] I don't have nearly as much homework this weekend as I did last weekned, but I do have 4 dialectical journals due on Thursday, and I want to finish at least 3 of them if not all 4 because I know I won't want to be doing them during the week, but we'll see how that goes since we're going hiking tomorrow. And I have to actually plan out my personal project since I have my mentor meeting with Ms. Bieger on Tuesday.

I don't have much more interesting news....Umm....we've started watching Seinfeld on DVD, and I'd forgotten how funny it was!!!!

Okay, I'm pretty sure I used every letter! =] Soo........presidential debate tonight, hiking tomorrow (I'm pretty sure), and dialectical journals to look forward to (I guess).

I hope everyone's doing well! Cheers!

No comments: